FEED MY SHEEP
OUR CHURCH’S MISSION WORK
Our mission and social justice endeavors fall into three geographical areas—local, national, and global. Here are our recent and future projects in those areas:
- Growing for Others 2017: Our harvest is just about safely gathered in and delivered to the WHEAT food pantry in Clinton.
- Community Café: Our monthly meal of pizza, salad, and ice cream continues to be delivered on the third Monday of each month.
- Item Appeal Spare Change Collection: Our summer collection closed on Rally Sunday, Sept.11
- Plastic bags for WHEAT: Recycle your plastic grocery bags! See the collection bin at top of the stairs outside the Sanctuary.
- Winter Togs Collection: As in past years, we’ll be collecting winter hats, scarves, and gloves for
the residents of the Sioux reservation in S. Dakota.
- HeroRats: Now that our HeroRats Hope and Faith have entered the workforce, we’ll be continuing our support of training rats to find IDs and diagnose TB for one more year.
Your Missions and Social Justice Committee invites members of our church family to propose and undertake projects they especially care about and would like to see the church become involved in. If you have a project you care about, bring to the Committee a proposal that contains a description of the project, its timeline, and how you would build a team to execute the project. The Missions and Social Justice Committee would review the proposal to make sure it matches the stated mission of our church, ask you how the Committee might help you, and check your proposed scheduling against other scheduled projects to avoid project “overload” for our church family. We look forward to hearing your proposals.
a reminder of our current mission projects:
Reminder of our ongoing local missions:
The Item Appeal, Neighbors Helping Neighbors, is a community-based charity that collects money from local people and distributes it to local people in need. All the money collected goes to help people in the community who are in need.
WHEAT Community Café: On the third Monday of each month, members of our church family prepare a meal for the guests of the Community Café on High Street, Clinton. Our church’s meal ingredients cost us about $120 per month. Consider donating to the monthly food costs for this local mission work. You’ll see a place setting is in the Sanctuary every Communion Sunday for donations to cover the cost of the food we prepare.
Non-perishable food collection: We continue to collect non-perishable food for distribution in our local community. See the blue bin at the top of the stairs.